Congratulations! As a Chaffee Common Ground grantee, we are now partners in the important effort to spread the news to the public about your grant and program or project! Please refer to these guidelines in communicating about Common Ground and your grant.
We are happy to help you share the good news of your grant award and to be a resource for any other communications needs you may have. Contact Public Outreach Coordinator Kim Marquis at firstname.lastname@example.org for resources and help. We look forward to working with you!
- Issue a press release and send to Common Ground
- Post news frequently on social media and share with Common Ground
- Review and adhere to Signage rules
- Use Talking Points to describe Common Ground in any outreach
- Take photos and videos during your project and send copies to Common Ground, at least twice annually and include in your required grant reports
- Projects that include signage as a fixed, permanent asset are required to include the Common Ground logo to help raise awareness about Common Ground’s investments in the Chaffee County community. A requirement of your grant is to contact us to review your sign before printing. We would like to be involved in early design. Allow at least 20 business days to schedule your review and adhere to the Logo Standards below.
- Work projects are required to display temporary signs during the duration of the project to help raise awareness about Common Ground’s investments in the Chaffee County community. Contact us to receive your signs.
- The Common Ground logo should be prominently displayed, in balance with other visual elements used on the signage.
- The Common Ground logo is not to be altered in any way.
- Full-color logo should be the first choice when possible.
- The only permissible variation is a white version as supplied by Common Ground staff.
- White logo should be used on any custom signage with a colored background.
While Common Ground will announce its grant awards to local media, you are encouraged to issue your own press releases. We are happy to assist in producing the release. Be sure to include the Common Ground boilerplate in your release. Send copies of your release and any news coverage to email@example.com.
Talking & Writing About Common Ground
Chaffee Common Ground grants help protect the community’s quality of life by funding programs and projects that improve forest health and reduce wildfire danger, conserve and support working agriculture and rural landscapes, and manage the impacts of growth in recreation.
A conservation funding program addressing landscape challenges for the community, Chaffee Common Ground invests a portion of sales tax revenues to strengthen forest health and reduce wildfire danger; conserve and support working agriculture and rural landscapes; and manage the impacts of growth in outdoor recreation. Created when voters approved a 0.25% sales tax increase in 2018, Common Ground supports locally based, collaborative programs and projects through a transparent grant process that leverages revenues to achieve the highest impact. To date, grants awarded include matching funds that will bring $22 million in value to the community by 2026. Visit chaffeecommonground.org for more information.
- Use “Chaffee Common Ground” in your first reference to the organization and “Common Ground” in all subsequent The program name does not include the word “County.”
- Common Ground enhances the community’s quality of life and that of future generations by helping to ensure healthy forests, beautiful rural landscapes, and fantastic recreation opportunities that are managed to maintain natural resources in Chaffee County.
- Common Ground’s funding topics were identified by the Envision Chaffee County planning initiative that created a community vision to achieve as the county grows and changes.
- A Commissioner-appointed, citizen-led committee — Chaffee Common Ground Citizens Advisory Committee — oversees the program and recommends grant awards to local governments, nonprofit organizations and groups. The Board of County Commissioners makes final grant decisions.
- Common Ground supports locally based, collaborative programs and projects through a transparent grant process that leverages revenues to achieve the highest impact. Grants are evaluated using criteria available to all applicants, and are scored with a rubric that directly ties awards to the ballot initiative approved by voters.
- Common Ground protects some of the county’s most spectacular scenic views, the health of forest ecosystems, watersheds and water quality, and wildlife and their habitats.
- Common Ground’s work benefits the people of Chaffee by enhancing the assets that support our local economy.